This Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy is issued to all our previous clients, exiting clients and future prospective clients pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act") which came into effect on 15th November 2013.
In the course of your dealings with us or pass dealings, we will be requesting or would have requested from you information about yourselves, your family, your employment details which is collected, stored, used and processed from time to time necessary for us to start a transaction with you or to deliver services to you in connection with that transaction.
- Personal Information and Collection of Data
- The Personal Data may include information concerning name as per the Identity Card, preferred name, identity card number, age, contact details include office number, house number, mobile number, facsimile number, residential address, business address, email address, birth date, gender, race, nationality, religion, marital status, occupation, designation, income range, bank account details, income tax details, your spouse details and children details such as name and birth date, information as to physical and mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar in nature, any alleged commission of an offence or any other data which is necessary for the performance of our services to you ("Personal Data").
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to us directly and voluntarily by engaging our services, we may have also collected your Personal Data from events and talks organised by us, seminars, conferences, events and talks organised by a third party and through introduction from a third party, name cards or any identity materials that you have distributed voluntarily.
- Why do we collect Personal Data
- We collect, use, process your Personal Data for purposes relating to
your engagement of our services and
for other purposes which includes the following :
- To communicate with you.
- Inviting you for an event and sharing sessions involving latest news on property market, recent updates on property law either organised by us or by a third party.
- Enable us to send you information by email, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about our products and services offered by us or third parties that we think may interest you.
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and deliverables and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular.
- Collection of outstanding payments from you for services rendered and our internal record keeping.
- If you DO NOT consent to us processing your Personal Data for the purposes above, please notify us using the contact details stated in Section 9 below.
- We collect, use, process your Personal Data for purposes relating to your engagement of our services and for other purposes which includes the following :
- Your failure to provide Personal Data
- Your failure to supply such Personal Data will / may :
- Result in us being unable to provide you with the services and/or deliverables requested.
- Result in us being unable to update you on legal developments, our services, deliverables and/or launches and result in your ability to receive invitations from us or third party business activities.
- Your failure to supply such Personal Data will / may :
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential, but you hereby
consent and authorise us to
provide or disclose personal data to the following parties:
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent regulatory or government agency.
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators.
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers, financial institution or other financial or professional advisers and the Bar Council and third-party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate.
- Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential, but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide or disclose personal data to the following parties:
- Your Rights of Access and Correction of Personal Data
- You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data
held by us and in this respect,
you may write to us on the following:
- Check whether we hold or use such Personal Data and request access to such data
- Request that we correct any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Request that we specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by us.
- Upon receipt of your written request to the contact details provided in Section 9 below, we may accept or refuse your request to access or rectify your personal information. If we refuse we shall provide reasons for our refusal.
- You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data held by us and in this respect, you may write to us on the following:
- Protection of Personal Data
- Your Personal Data will be kept and processed in a secured manner. We shall ensure that security safeguards, policies and procedures will be implemented in accordance to the applicable laws and regulations.
- We will as far as practicable aim to prevent any unauthorised and/or unlawful processing of the accidental loss, destruction or damage to your Personal Data
- Data Transfer and Sharing
- Where we consider it is necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or deliverable on our behalf to you, we may transfer Personal Data to a third-party service providers under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
- Personal Data Retention
- We shall retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to meet the purpose spelled out in Section 2 above.
- Contact Details to make enquiry regarding Personal Data
- If you intend to exercise your rights under Section 2 and 5 above or to
enquiries or complaints regarding your Personal Data, you may write to
- If you intend to exercise your rights under Section 2 and 5 above or to make enquiries or complaints regarding your Personal Data, you may write to the address below:
Howden Insurance Brokers Sdn Bhd (38040-H)
Level 27, Menara Etiqa
No 3 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1,
59000 Kuala Lumpur. W.P. Malaysia.
General Line : +603 9213 0606
Fax : +603 9213 0608