I need to make claim, what should I do?

Choose your insurance/takaful provider below


  1. Call for 24-hour Car Breakdown and Accident Assistance.
  2. Ensure that your vehicle is sent to an approved panel workshop or an authorised repairer.
  3. Lodge a police report within 24 hours.
  4. If your vehicle is involved in a minor accident, you may not want to make a claim on your own policy/certificate.
  5. However, if the accident involved third-party property damage or third-party bodily injury, you need to notify your insurance/takaful provider.

  • Negotiate, admit fault or repudiate any claim without your insurance/takaful provider’s consent.
  • Authorise repair without your insurance/takaful provider’s consent.

  • You should contact your insurance/takaful provider to request 24-hour car breakdown and accident assistance:

  • Etiqa : 1-800-88-6491
    AmGeneral : 1-300-88-2647 (powered by Kurnia Auto Assist)
    RHB : 1-300-88-0881
    Zurich : 1-300-88-6222

The timeline for a claim to be settled varies from case to case. You may contact us or your insurance/takaful directly if you require an update on the status of your claim.

No, as this would mean the evidence or the cause of the damage may not be present anymore.

If you have insured your vehicle for a continuous period of 12 months and you or anyone else did not make any claim under this policy/certificate during that period of insurance/takaful, a No Claim Discount (NCD) will be applied at each renewal. This applicable NCD will increase with each renewal if you continue to have claim free years as follows :

Claim Free Year of Insurance/Takaful NCD Entitlement
After 1 continuous claim free year 25%
After 2 continuous claim free year 30%
After 3 continuous claim free year 38.33%
After 4 continuous claim free year 45%
After 5 continuous claim free years and beyond 55%

You will not lose your NCD if the other driver, or a third-party, is at fault. The ultimate determination of the party at fault will be based on the evidence from the investigation by the police.

However, if a claim is made on your policy/certificate and you were considered to be responsible, the NCD entitlement that you have accumulated would drop to zero at the next renewal and your NCD will start all over again.

There are three (3) options for you to make a claim :

Option 1 (Own Damage) : You claim against your own policy/certificate. Impact to you : You lose your NCD.

Option 2 (Third Party Claim) : You make a claim against a third party company. Impact to you: Your NCD will not be affected.
Eligibility : When it can be proved that the third party is at fault, and if the vehicle involved is not a bus, taxi, motorcycle, diplomatic vehicle, vehicle belonging to a foreigner, or a government vehicle.

Option 3 (Own Damage – Knock for Knock) : You make a claim against your own policy/certificate; your insurer/takaful operator will communicate with the third party’s insurance/takaful company.
Impact to you: Your NCD will not be affected.

Contact Us

You may contact us at [email protected]

As your insurance broker, we continuously work to protect the best interests of our customers. If you have any issues with the use of instaPol or your claim, we are here to help.