Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is a comprehensive motor insurance policy?

This policy provides the widest coverage, i.e. third party bodily injury and death, third party property loss or damage and loss or damage to your own vehicle due to accidental fire, theft or an accident.

2. How can I determine the sum insured for my car?

The Sum Insured of your vehicle is an estimated value for charging your insurance premium however it is also the maximum amount for which your vehicle is insured for. The basis of assessing the true worth of your vehicle is its market value at the time of a loss. The market value must be within the Sum Insured. If it is not, you will be considered your own Insurer for the difference.
Some Insurers offer Agreed Value Policies. Under this term, the market value is considered equal to the Agreed Value of the sum insured.

3. What are some available extensions or add-ons for my policy?

The Motor policy allows for policyholders to extend cover to include extra benefits and additional cover apart from the standard coverage. Do communicate with your insurers to request for these additional covers.
  • Flood, windstorm, rainstorm, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, landslide/landslip, subsidence or sinking of the soil/earth or other convulsion of nature
  • Breakage of glass in windscreen or windows
  • Strike, riot and civil commotion
  • Tuition and testing purposes
  • Additional named driver
  • All drivers’ extension for private car polices issued to a company of businesses only
  • Passenger liability
  • Liability of passengers for acts of negligence
  • Additional business use
The availability of these extensions may vary among insurance providers.

4. What are the exclusions in Comprehensive Motor Insurance?

A standard motor insurance will not cover certain losses, such as your own death or bodily injury due to a motor accident, your liability against claims from passengers in your vehicle (except for passengers of hired vehicles such as taxis and buses) and loss or damage arising from an act of nature, such as flood, storm and landslide. However, you may pay additional premiums to extend your policy to cover flood, landslide and landslip as well as cover your passengers. It is important to check your policy for the exclusions.

5. What is "NCD" ?

NCD is a ‘reward’ scheme for you if no claim was made on your insurance policy on an annual basis. Different NCD rates are applicable for different classes of vehicles. For a private car, the scale of NCD ranges from 25% to 55% as provided in the policy.

6. Why might the quoted NCD differ from my record?

The quoted NCD can vary if there was a claim lodged or an NCD withdrawal requested to transfer to another car. You can check your current NCD rate here :

7. What is Market Value coverage?

Market Value coverage is based on the insurance company's estimate of your car's worth in the open market. In case of any incidents, your claim will be based on the current market value of your car model at that point in time.

8. What is Agreed Value coverage?

Agreed Value coverage is an amount agreed upon between you and your insurance company. If your car is written off or stolen, this coverage ensures you receive the agreed compensation, but it may lead to higher premiums.

9. What is an excess?

Most policies are subject to an excess clause. An excess is the first amount of a claim for which you will have to pay. Your insurance pays for the amount beyond the excess. The excess clause may apply on repair claims and/or on theft claims. Some insurers will overlook application of the excess if repairs are undertaken at their panel of repairers.

10. What is loading?

Loading is an additional amount included in the insurance cost to cover individuals perceived as higher risk. It accounts for anticipated higher losses for such individuals.

11. How can I get the lowest premium for my car?

To get the most affordable premium, select an insurer that fits your budget.

12. What happens if I cancel my policy before the contract expires?

Cancelling the policy before the contract expires may incur a cancellation fee during the one-year valid period. If considering a different insurer, it's advisable to wait until your current contract expires.

13. What do I do if my car breaks down or if I get into a car accident?

Please call your insurance provider :
Allianz Insurance
1-800-22-5542 (24-hour Hotline) / +603-2264 0560 (calling from overseas)
1-800-88-6333 (24-hour Hotline)
Liberty Insurance
+603-2619 9000
P&O Insurance
Zurich Insurance & Zurich Takaful
1-300-88-6222 (24-hour Hotline ) / +603-7628 1535 (WhatsApp chat & local landline)
Lonpac Insurance
1-300-88-1138 / Lonpac Road Assist App
Berjaya Sompo Insurance
1 800 18 8033 (24-hour hotline)

14. Who can I contact if I have concerns regarding my claims?

As your insurance broker, we are dedicated to safeguarding the best interests of our valued clients. You may contact us via :
Email :
Whatsapp : +60122606183